All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionFoottes have t had it easy. Their dominance of eighteenth- and nineteenth- century literature and scholarship was both hard-won -- following many years of struggle -- and doomed, as it led to belittlement in the twentieth century. In <i>The Devil's Details, </i> Chuck Zerby playfully explores foottes' long and illustrious history and makes a clarion call to save them from the new world of the Internet and hypertext. In a story that boasts a marvelous plot and a rogues' gallery of players, Zerby examines traditional foottes and their less-buttoned-down incarnations, as when used by porgraphers. Yes, <i>The Devil's Details</i> is full of surprises: Zerby hunts down the first bona fide fully functioning footte; unearths a multivolume history of Northumberland County, England, that uses one volume for a single footte; and uncovers a murder plot. He even explains why foottes are like blind dates. Carefully researched and highly opinionated, <i>The Devil's Details</i> affirms that delight in reading can come from unexpected places.
- Author Biography<b>Chuck Zerby</b> developed <i>The Devil's Details</i> from an article he published in <i>The New York Times.</i> A former columnist for the <i>Amherst Record, </i> Zerby lives in Hadley, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Chuck Zerby
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication17/03/2003
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight214 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementTouchstone ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.