All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.59
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.66
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.84
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $19.85
About this product
- DescriptionIn each of her ten critically acclaimed and hugely popular vels, Minette Walters has explored the dark terrain of the human psyche to give us thrillers of exceptional psychological complexity and suspense. Now, in The Devil's Feather, she gives us her most unexpected and electrifying vel yet.In 2002, five women are discovered barbarously murdered in Sierra Leone. Reuters Africa correspondent Connie Burns suspects a British mercenary: a man who seems to turn up in every war-torn corner of Africa, whose reputation for violence and brutality is well-founded and widely kwn. Connie's suspicions that he's using the chaos of war to act out sadistic, misogynistic fantasies fall on deaf ears-but she's determined to expose him and his secret.The consequences are devastating.Connie encounters the man again in Baghdad, but almost immediately she's taken hostage. Released after three desperate days, terrified and traumatized by the experience-fearing that she will never again be the person she once was-Connie retreats to England. She is bent on protecting herself by withholding information about her abduction. But secluded in a remote rented house-where the jealously guarded history of her landlady's family seems to mirror her own fears-she kws that it is only a matter of time before her nightmares become real. With its sinuous plot, its acutely drawn characters, and its blistering suspense, The Devil's Feather keeps us riveted from first to last. It is a dazzling reminder of why Publishers Weekly has dubbed Minette Walters Agatha Christie with the gloves off.
- Author BiographyMinette Walters is the author of thirteen novels--including The Shape of Snakes and The Sculptress--two novellas, and a number of short stories. Her work, which has been published in more than thirty-five countries, has received several major awards, including two Gold Daggers from the Crime Writers' Association in Great Britain and the Edgar Allan Poe Award from the Mystery Writers of America. She lives in Dorset, England. Josephine Bailey has won ten AudioFile Earphones Awards and a prestigious Audie Award, and Publishers Weekly named her Best Female Narrator in 2002. Her native British accent has been used in many audiobooks and voice-overs, including The Wild Thornberries, Uncle Gus, and Disney-Dreamworks projects. In addition to her award-winning voice work, Josephine is involved in television, film, and theater. On television she has played parts in Robin Hood, A Tale of Two Cities, and Sword of Freedom. In film she was featured in Shadow Hours, Life's a Circus, and Corridors of Blood. Her theater experience includes lead roles in Betrayal, Otherwise Engaged, and Blithe Spirit. Josephine received her training from the Corona Stage School in London and the Tracy Roberts Actors Studio in Los Angeles. Josephine currently resides in South Carolina.
- Author(s)Minette Walters
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication17/10/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date17/04/2017
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Josephine Bailey
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time660
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.