All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSomething strange is in the Brighton air. Everywhere newly-promoted Sarah Gilchrist looks, unsettling things are happening. A Wicker Man is burned on the beach at dawn with a body inside; a painting titled The Devil's Altar is stolen from the Brighton Museum; a vicar who casts out demons goes missing; and a rare medieval manuscript of the occult Key of Solomon is stolen from the Jubilee Library. Then Gilchrist's flatmate, Kate Simpson, discovers that acts of sacrilege and grave robbing have been routinely taking place in Brighton and the surrounding villages. And ex-Chief Constable Bob Watts is puzzling over inscriptions in his late father's books. Specifically, books by occult writers Dennis Wheatley, Colin Pearson - and the feared Aleister Crowley, cremated in Brighton in 1947. Old Religion and New Age collide and the body count mounts as the Devil's Moon slowly rises...
- Author BiographyPeter Guttridge is the Observer's crime fiction critic, and a longstanding fiction prize judge and chair at a wide range of literature festivals and events. He lives in Brighton, Sussex, where this novel is set.
- Author(s)Peter Guttridge
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBrighton Series
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSevern House Paperbacks Ltd
- Weight456 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.52Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.69Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.