All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.05Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.77Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.55Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- DescriptionFirst of the colourful exploits of 'Fancy Jack' Crossman; The Crimean War is toriously one of the most brutal and bloody conflicts of the nineteenth century. In an uneasy allience with the French, the Turks and the Sardinians, British soldiers faced death both on the battlefield from the fierce Cossacks and off it from cholera. Sergeant Jack Crossman, referred to by his admiring comrades as 'Fancy Jack', a tough, shrewd and skilful soldier, is part of the proud 88th regiment, the Connaught Rangers, also kwn as The Devil's Own. Within the regiment Crossman is picked out to lead a covert operation, well kwing that his success or failure could determine the outcome of the war. Gary Kilworth is a master of the period, and of writing sharp, page-turning military adventure.
- Author BiographyGarry Kilworth was raised in South Yemen, the son of an RAF sergeant. Later he served 15 years in the RAF himself. Most recently he was with the British Army in Hong Kong, where he wrote for the South China Morning Post. He now spends his time between Suffolk and Spain, writing full time. He has won many awards for both his children's and adult novels.
- Author(s)Garry Kilworth
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication25/07/2002
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Series TitleSergeant 'Fancy Jack' Crossman series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Out-of-print date26/08/2006
- Content Notemaps
- Weight225 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.