All listings for this product
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $31.99Trending at AU $61.19
- AU $34.31Trending at AU $48.18
- AU $13.50Trending at AU $18.95
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.72
- AU $86.50Trending at AU $91.26
About this product
- Product InformationWritten, produced and directed by Fred Schepisi, this lushly photographed, semiautobiographical tale is set in a strict Roman Catholic seminary in Australia in 1953 and follows 13-year-old Tom Allen (Simon Burke), a serious, likable boy who thinks he has "a calling" for the church but feels guilty about his masturbation and sinful thoughts. Apart from Brother Francine (Arthur Dignam), an ascetic who prowls the school's corridors looking for evidence of "the undisciplined mind", most brothers of the seminary (including Nick Tate), are decent men who object to the discipline that scars the hearts and minds of the students.
- TitleThe Devil's Playground
- Product Release Date01/11/2008
- Theatrical Release Year1976
- Number of Discs1
- ActorsAlan Cinis,Arthur Dignam,Charles McCallum,Gary Pixton,Gerry Duggan,John Diedrich,John Frawley,Jonathan Hardy,Marc Gough,Michael David,Nick Tate,Peter Cox,Richard Morgan,Rowan Currie,Sheila Florance,Simon Burke,Thomas Keneally,Warren Coleman
- DirectorsFred Schepisi
- Rating InfoMature Audiences
- Run Time107 minutes
- Primary GenreDrama
- Sub GenreDrama
- Tag LineAustralia's most honoured film!
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.