Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.49Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.07Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.58Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionAlgren's last vel is based on the life of boxer and death-row inmate Rubin Hurricane Carter. Foreword is written by rewned literary critic and journalist Herbert Mitgang. This is the story of Ruby Calhoun, a boxer accused of murder in a shadowy world of low-purse fighters, cops, and con artists and bar girls. Chronicling a battle for truth and human dignity, which gives way to a larger story of life and death decisions, literary grandmaster Nelson Algren's last vel is a fitting capstone to a long and brilliant career.
- Author BiographyNelson Algren (1909-1981) wrote of the despised underbelly of America before it was fashionable to do so, and still stands as one of America's most defiant and enduring novelists. His novels include The Man with the Golden Arm, winner of the first National Book Award, A Walk on the Wild Side and Never Come Morning.
- Author(s)Nelson Algren
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/01/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Weight362 g
- Width134 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.