Consider these sponsored items
- AU $37.75Free postage
- AU $30.78Was:AU $42.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than ever, the effective management of techlogy is critical for business competitiveness. For decades, techlogy leaders have struggled to balance agility, reliability, and security. The consequences of failure have never been greater-whether it's the healthcare.gov debacle, the Target cardholder data breach, or missing the boat with Big Data in the cloud. And yet, high performers using DevOps principles, such as Google, Amazon, Facebook, Etsy, and Netflix, are routinely deploying code into production hundreds, or even thousands, of times per day, while providing world-class agility, reliability, and security. In contrast, most organizations struggle to do releases every nine months. By studying over 14,000 IT professionals worldwide, the authors have observed that high-performing organizations are 2.5 times more likely than their peers to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. The DevOps Handbook shows leaders how to replicate these incredible outcomes, describing what is required from all parts of the techlogy organization. Product Management, Development, Test, IT Operations, and Information Security working together can create the cultural rms and the technical practices necessary to maximize organizational learning, increase employee satisfaction, and win in the marketplace.
- Author BiographyGene Kim is a multiple award-winning entrepreneur, the founder and former CTO of Tripwire and a researcher. He is passionate about IT operations, security and compliance, and how IT organizations successfully transform from good to great. He lives in Portland, Oregon. Patrick Debois is an independent IT-consultant who is bridging the gap between projects and operations by using Agile techniques both in development, project management and system administration. JohnWillis has worked in the IT management industry for more than 30 years. He has authored six IBM Redbooks for IBM on enterprise systems management and was the founder and chief architect at Chain Bridge Systems. He lives in Atlanta, Georgia. JezHumble is Vice-President at Chef. He has worked with a variety of platforms and technologies, consulting for non-profits, telecoms, financial services, and online retail companies. His focus is on helping organizations deliver valuable, high-quality software frequently and reliably through implementing effective engineering practices. He lives in San Francisco, California. John Allspaw has worked in systems operations for over fourteen years in biotech, government and online media. He started out tuning parallel clusters running vehicle crash simulations for the U.S. government, and then moved on to the Internet in 1997. He built the backing infrastructures at Salon.com, InfoWorld.com, Friendster, and Flickr. He is now VP of Tech Operations at Etsy, and is the author of The Art of Capacity Planning and Web Operations published by O'Reilly.
- Author(s)Gene Kim,Jez Humble,John Willis,Patrick Debois
- PublisherIT Revolution Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIT Revolution Press
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white halftones
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byJohn Allspaw
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.