All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionThe experimental and L-A-N-G-U-A-G-E influence is clear, yet The Devotion Field offers, in a number of urban elegies, more narrative and personal (though still political) detail than has been Keelan's habit. Full of cultural and social critique, the poems concern themselves with the artifice of language, the art of being and the art of art, the fragmentation and continuous flux of contemporary life. She employs trademark techniques: stream-of--consciousness, free association and associative leaps, in addition to a new emphasis on melody and musical phrasing.Antique She brought the teapot because it was broken& broken still valuable, A thing t available to her otherwise.On its restored surface a pastoralFlickered once. Too late.She was t honest but she was a poetMending the broken valuable . . . What absolute nsense! cried the Earthworm. NothingIs ever all right in the end and well you kw it. Poor Earthworm, Ladybug whispered, Loving all that is disasterBellydown breathing with it everafter. Claudia Keelan's The Devotion Field fully confirms the promise of her earlier books, especially the recent Utopic. The quotidian world of what seems to be things, 'dog food and soil, ' 'dust and bits of paper, ' flows naturally and lumiusly into the world of ideas, which becomes even more palpable. 'Into the possibilities of the next page, / Or more nearly, ather day.' The transit, returning us to where we always are, is breathtaking. --John AshberyClaudia Keelan is the author of three previous prize--winning collections of poetry. She teaches in the MFA and Ph.D. programs at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and is the editor of Interim.
- Author BiographyThe author of three previous prize-winning collections of poetry, most recently Utopic, Claudia Keelan teaches in the MFA and Ph.D. programs at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and is the editor of Interim.
- Author(s)Claudia Keelan
- PublisherAlice James Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlice James Books
- Weight127 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.