All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychosis has many causes. Psychiatrists typically receive the most thorough training in its diagsis, but the diagsis of psychosis secondary to npsychiatric conditions is t often emphasized. An understanding of the underlying cause of psychosis is important for effective management. The Diagsis of Psychosis bridges the gap between psychiatry and medicine, providing a comprehensive review of primary and secondary causes of psychosis. It covers both common and rare causes in a clinically focused guide. Useful both for teaching and reference, the text covers physical and mental state examination, describes key investigations, and summarizes the n-psychiatric features of medical conditions causing psychosis. Particularly relevant for psychiatrists and trainees in psychiatry, this volume will also assist neurologists and general physicians who encounter psychosis in their practice.
- Author BiographyRudolf N. Cardinal is Academic Clinical Fellow and Specialty Registrar, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust. Edward T. Bullmore is Professor of Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge; Clinical Director of the Behavioural and Clinical Neurosciences Institute, Cambridge; and Vice-President of Experimental Medicine and Head of the Clinical Unit, GlaxoSmithKline, Cambridge, UK.
- Author(s)Edward T. Bullmore,Rudolf N. Cardinal
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.