All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook for Anxiety adapts the powerful dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) program for the treatment of anxiety and anxiety-related conditions. DBT offers a set of skills for managing emotional distress that are useful for all people, but can be especially beneficial for anxiety sufferers who are prone to panic attacks, exaggerated worries and fears, and obsessive and compulsive behaviors. This Workbook presents a DBT-based program for overcoming anxiety that helps readers discover and apply the core DBT skills, practice developing assertiveness, and learn to deal with conflict and anxiety-provoking situations.
- Author BiographyAlexander L. Chapman, PhD, has published numerous articles and chapters on dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). In 2007, Chapman received a Young Investigator's Award from the National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder. Kim L. Gratz, PhD has written numerous journal articles and book chapters on borderline personality disorder, deliberate self-harm, and emotion regulation, and is coauthor of The Borderline Personality Disorder Survival Guide and Freedom from Self-Harm. Matthew T. Tull, PhD he has published numerous articles and chapters on emotion regulation and anxiety disorders, with a particular emphasis on panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Alexander Chapman lives in Port Moody, BC, Canada. Kim Gratz and Matthew Tull live in Jackson, MS.
- Author(s)Alexander L. Chapman
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleA New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight382 g
- Width206 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- demelsa6820 Nov, 2014by
Fantastic book, great healing and progress contained.
I have read through this very excellent book, and would definitely recommend this to a friend. I am looking forward to having the right time in my life where I can work through all the exercises listed.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18