All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionMargaret Scott's two-volume edition of the Notebooks published in 1997 is a remarkable achievement, given the difficulty of transcribing Mansfield's torious handwriting, and all Mansfield scholars remain forever in Scott's debt. However, one recurring criticism is that Mansfield's diary entries and loose papers which comprise the edition are t transcribed in chrological order. As Mansfield frequently re-used tebooks and diaries within a time span of several years, the result in the published Notebooks is that diary entries for a specific year do t necessarily follow sequentially. This edition remaps all the entries in the Notebooks t used in the Collected Fiction volumes, and presents the material in chrological order, with antations. This edition provides a fascinating, chrological account of Mansfield's life, as she wrote it and Mansfield will be read differently and far more accurately as a result.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Gerri Kimber is Senior Lecturer in English at the University of Northampton. She is Chair of the Katherine Mansfield Society and co- editor of Katherine Mansfield Studies. Claire Davison is Professor in Modernist Studies at Universite' Paris 3 (Sorbonne Nouvelle).
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCollected Works of Katherine Mansfield
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note5 black and white illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byClaire Davison,Gerri Kimber
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.