Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by a true story, The Diary is set in Walla Walla in the Northwest when President Roosevelt was attempting to break America free from the grip of the Great Depression in the 1930s. The keeper of the diary is Alvin, a young man dealing with tuberculosis, a contagious disease almost as rampant in that time as unemployment and poverty. Through his daily entries over 17 months of hospitalization, you will come to kw his wife, family, a cast of fellow patients who are both humorous and heart-breaking...and the secrets Al thought he had buried so deep inside that t even he would remember them. The story blends day-to-day life in a tuberculosis sanatorium with world affairs that include the threat of war as news from Germany, Japan and Italy floated across the oceans to the men in Ward One. The Diary presents a slice of Americana in simpler times when the bond of family and friends was often paramount in surving the hardships of the times. It is a tale of love, loss and triumph.
- Author(s)Frances Potts
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1125 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.