All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for anyone who works with words, this provides guidelines and a selection of 15,000 alternatives to help recognize bias in the English language, replace stereotypical language and improve communication skills. Also included is advice and background perspective on usage or word origin.
- Author BiographyRosalie Maggio has been a professional writer and editor for 25 years. She has edited for a college textbook, a university magazine, and trade publishers. She is the author of several books including The Dictionary of Bias-Free Usage (first published in 1987 by Oryx Press as The Nonsexist Word Finder: A Dictionary of Gender-Free Usage.) and the popular book How to Say It. Ms. Maggio has won numerous book awards.
- Author(s)Rosalie Maggio
- Date of Publication26/06/1991
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.57
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.