All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology, Fifth Edition, provides definitions for thousands of terms used in the study of cell and molecular biology. The headword count has been expanded to 12,000 from 10,000 in the Fourth Edition. Over 4,000 headwords have been rewritten. Some headwords have second, third, and even sixth definitions, while fewer than half are unchanged. Many of the additions were made to extend the scope in plant cell biology, microbiology, and bioinformatics. Several entries related to specific pharmaceutical compounds have been removed, while some generic entries ( alpha blockers,� NSAIDs,� and tetracycline antibiotics,� for example), and some that are frequently part of the experimentalist's toolkit and probably never used in the clinic, have been retained. The Appendix includes prefixes for SI units, the Greek alphabet, useful constants, and single-letter codes for ami acids.
- Author BiographyJohn Lackie has worked both in academia, as Senior Lecturer in Cell Biology at Glasgow University, and in the pharmaceutical industry, as Director of Yamanouchi's UK Institute in Oxford. Subsequently he became Principal at Westlakes Research Institute and now runs a scientific consultancy from his home in Cumbria.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight1060 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byJohn M. Lackie
- Edition Statement5th edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.