Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dilemma of Modernity is a study of the evolution of Ramon Gomez de la Serna's narrative fiction within the context of European Modernism. At a time when Joyce, Kafka, Proust, and Woolfe were experimenting with prose fiction, very little is kwn about Spain's contribution to the vel. Despite his years in Paris, when it was still considered the cultural capital of Europe, and his championing of the avant-garde in Spain in the 1920s through his literary salon Pombo, which attracted figures such as Borges, Picasso, Huidobro, Bunuel and Lorca, Ramon Gomez de la Serna's work has suffered from critical neglect. The Dilemma of Modernity sets Gomez de la Serna's work within the cultural and historical context of the time and traces his evolution from aesthete to promoter of the avant-garde, modernist, and existentialist.
- Author BiographyThe Author: John A. McCulloch is a full-time lecturer at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, Scotland. He received his Ph.D. on the Spanish avant-garde novel from the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom.
- Author(s)John A. McCulloch
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight510 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.