All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Farr examines the spoken and written language of post-observation teaching-practice feedback on teacher education programs. To do so, she draws upon theories from discourse analysis, conversation analysis, and pragmatics to frame the analysis of feedback meetings and written tutor reports, which are then examined using comparative quantitative and qualitative corpus-based techniques. The overall aim is to determine the defining characteristics of this genre, focusing especially on pragmatic factors, with the ultimate goal of investigating the salient aspects responsible for making feedback both effective and affective. Farr's research draws upon a spoken corpus of feedback interactions and a written corpus of tutor reports from language teacher education and is also strongly informed by data in the form of diary reflections and questionnaire responses from student teachers and questionnaire responses from the relevant tutors.
- Author BiographyDr. Fiona Farr is lecturer in English Language Teaching at the University of Limerick, Ireland, where she is also Assistant Dean, Academic Affairs, Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- Author(s)Fiona Farr
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Corpus Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 12
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note43 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.76Trending at AU $39.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.