All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFormer State Department adviser for Afghanistan and Pakistan, and bestselling author, Vali Nasr delivers a sharp indictment of America's flawed foreign policy, and outlines its new relationship with the Muslim world. Nasr takes readers behind the scenes at the State Department, and reveals how the Obama administration's fear of political backlash and the spectre of terrorism have crippled the efforts of diplomatic giants, such as Richard Holbrooke and Hillary Clinton, to boost America's foundering credibility with world leaders. Now a second Arab Spring is brewing - t a hopeful clamour for democracy, but rage at the US for its reliance on drones and assassinations. Drawing on his in-depth kwledge of the Middle East and first-hand experience in diplomacy, Nasr offers a powerful reassessment of American foreign policy that seeks to direct the country away from its failing relationships in the Middle East toward more productive, and less costly, partnerships with other foreign allies. Forceful and persuasive, Vali Nasr's book is a game changer for America as it charts a course in the Muslim world, Asia, and beyond.
- Author BiographyVali Nasr is dean of the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University and the bestselling author of The Shia Revival and Forces of Fortune. From 2009 to 2011, he served as senior adviser to special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, Ambassador Richard Holbrooke. He is a nonresident fellow at the Brookings Institution, and a contributor to Bloomberg View. He lives in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)Vali Nasr
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Content Notemap (black and white)
- Weight545 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.