All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe Iranian cleric Ayatollah Montazeri (1922-2009) played an integral role in the founding of the Islamic Republic in the wake of the Iranian Revolution of 1978/9. Yet at the time of his death, Montazeri was considered one of the Islamic Republic's fiercest critics. What made this man, who was once considered the leading advocate of the state doctrine of the 'Guardianship of the Jurist' (velayat-e faqih) and the designated successor to the supreme leader Ayatollah Khomeini, change his views? How did his political theory incorporate issues such as civil rights, pluralism and popular participation? And what influence did his ideas have on others? Ulrich von Schwerin's book answers these questions by examining the evolution of Montazeri's political thought over the course of five decades, and studies his role in the discourse on religion and politics in Iran. In doing so, he sheds a new light on some of the most crucial events and vital protagonists of recent Iranian history.
- Author BiographyUlrich von Schwerin currently as a journalist with a focus on Iran, the Middle East and South Asia. He holds a PhD in History from the University of Hamburg.
- Author(s)Ulrich von Schwerin
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleInternational Library of Iranian Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number55
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight522 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.