Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.32
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a ruby mine hidden in the heart of the mountains near a remote little city of Central Asia, unkwn to European travellers; and the secret of the treasure belongs to the two chief families of the place, and has been carefully guarded for many generations, handed down through the men from father to son; and often the children of these two families have married, yet ne of the women ever learned the way to the mine from their fathers, or their brothers, or their husbands, ne excepting one only, and her name was Baraka, which may perhaps mean 'Blessed'; but blessing came to her when she was born. She was much whiter and much more beautiful than the other girls of the little Tartar city; her face was oval like an ostrich egg, her skin was as the cream that rises on sheep's milk at evening, and her eyes were like the Pools of Peace in the Valley of Dark Moons; her waist also was a slender pillar of ivory, and round her ankle she could make her thumb meet her second finger; as for her feet, they were small and quick and silent as young mice. But she was t blessed.
- Author(s)F Marion Crawford
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.