Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by booklegend66
- Est. delivery by 10 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Vendela Vida's taut and mesmerizing vel of ideas, a woman travels to Casablanca, Morocco, on mysterious business. While checking into her hotel, the woman is robbed of her wallet and passport - all of her money and identification. Though the police investigate, the woman senses an undercurrent of complicity between the hotel staff and the authorities-she kws she'll never recover her possessions. Stripped of her identity, she feels burdened by the crime yet strangely liberated by her sudden freedom to be anyone she chooses. A chance encounter with a movie producer leads to a job posing as a stand-in for a well-kwn film star. The star reels her in deeper, though, and soon she's inhabiting the actress's skin off set, too - going deeper into the Casablancan night and further from herself. And so continues a strange and breathtaking journey full of unexpected turns, an adventure in which the woman finds herself moving further and further away from the person she once was. Told with vibrant, lush detail and a wicked sense of humor, The Diver's Clothes Lie Empty is part literary mystery, part psychological thriller - an unforgettable vel that explores free will, power, and a woman's right to choose t her past, perhaps t her present, but certainly her future. This is Vendela Vida's most assured and ambitious vel yet.
- Author BiographyVendela Vida is the author of the acclaimed novels And Now You Can Go, Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name and The Lovers. She is a founding editor of The Believer magazine, and the editor of The Believer Book of Writers Talking to Writers. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and children.
- Author(s)Vendela Vida
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight264 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementExport/Airside ed
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.