All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDante's Divine Comedy is one of the most highly regarded works of world literature and a classic that continues to inspire fiction and poetry today. Written between 1308 and 1321, the three books of this epic poem- 'lnfer', 'Purgatorio' and 'Paradiso'- tell the story of the poet's personal journey through the afterlife, an odyssey that leads him from his wanderings in the spiritual wilderness to a paradise shaped by Divine love. This edition of The Divine Comedy features the classic translation of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. It also features more than one hundred engravings by Gustave Dore, long considered the greatest artist to illustrate Dante's timeless masterpiece.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1265 in Florence, from which he was banished in 1302, dying in Ravenna in 1321, Dante set the Divine Comedy in the year 1300, when he was thirty-five years old and 'in the middle of our mortal life'. The setting allows him to utilise the past symbolically, exploit the present politically and anticipate the future in simulated prophecy.
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleFall River Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gustave Dore
- Translated byHenry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.