Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThat was it. A coup de foudre. I'd heard of it, but never believed in it. I had to get out of there. That wasn't in the plan... Nothing is what it seems in Tom Conti's passionate and exciting story of love, duplicity and retribution. Haunted by his past as a Secret Operations Pilot with the Intelligence Services, and in an attempt to shake off the ever-present shadow of his Controller, Hal flees England and the bed of the tempestuous Francesca for a new life in Africa. But there, as a pilot with the flying doctor service working in the wild, love and death precipitate him once again into a life of deception and danger. Adopting a new identity and returning home, he quickly discovers that the past is t easily shed, that fear and the unexpected lurk at every turn. Then a moral gun is put to his head, and he is forced to choose between his freedom and the death of ather man. 'The Doctor' is actor Tom Conti's debut vel. Sexy, thrilling, often intensely moving, the detail and imaginative twists of his plot are handled with masterly skill. It is compelling.
- Author BiographyTom Conti, one of Britain's most gifted and versatile comedic actors, was born in Paisley, Scotland. He made his professional acting debut at the Glasgow Citizens' Theatre in 'The Rowing Boy', and went on to perform with the Royal Shakespeare Company in an acclaimed production of 'The Devil's Disciple' at the Aldwych in London, and then to New York, where he garnered praise for numerous leading roles, as well as a Tony award and a wide and loyal fanbase. After his appearance in Frederick Raphael's 'The Glittering Prizes', he was dubbed 'the thinking woman's crumpet'. Although he no longer lays claim to the title, he considers it his greatest accolade! Conti won a Variety Club Award for his portrayal of Ken Harrison in 'Whose Life Is It Anyway?', and then an Academy Award Nomination. He has appeared in 22 feature films, most famously as the archetypal Greek lothario in 'Shirley Valentine', and is also an accomplished director, having staged productions of 'Before The Party', 'The Housekeeper' and 'Last Licks'. Most recently he starred in ITV's two-part psychological thriller, 'Donovan'. He lives in London NW3.
- Author(s)Tom Conti
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication23/06/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobson Books Ltd
- Content NoteNo illustrations
- Weight265 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.