The Doctor's Guide to Gastrointestinal Health: Preventing and Treating Acid Reflux, Ulcers, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Diverticulitis, Celiac Disease, Colon Cancer, Pancreatitis, Cirrhosis, Hernias and More by Paul F. Miskovitz, Marian Betancourt (Paperback, 2005)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- Description'This is the reference guide you dream about - answers to all your important questions written in a language you can understand. For everyone who wants better health and peace of mind' - Diane Sawyer, Co-anchor of ABC News' Good Morning America and PrimeTime Thursday . 'An important, practical, easy-to-read, and easy-to-understand source of information for anyone with a chronic gastrointestinal problem' - Isadore Rosenfeld, M.D., Rossi Distinguished Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Medical College of Cornell University and bestselling author. Digestive ailments, whether mild or life-threatening, are a major concern for millions of people - and they can be difficult to diagse and treat. Now, in this essential reference book, Dr. Paul Miskovitz, a physician at one of the world's top medical institutions, helps you understand the causes, symptoms, diagses, and medical treatments for a wide range of gastrointestinal disorders - everything from heartburn to IBS to hepatitis C. This comprehensive, user-friendly guide begins with an overview of how your gastrointestinal system works and how it is affected by lifestyle, age, and emotions. Dr. Miskovitz then explains the disorders that can affect your esophagus, stomach, intestine, gallbladder, liver, pancreas, colon, and abdominal cavity - revealing how to identify and treat problems and, in most cases, prevent them. You'll also learn how to: maintain a healthy gastrointestinal system through diet, exercise, checkups, and screenings; find the right gastroenterologist for you; identify symptoms and get an accurate diagsis; and, prevent gastrointestinal problems when you travel. Complete with a list of organizations that provide information and support, The Doctor's Guide to Gastrointestinal Health is the ultimate resource for you and your family.
- Author BiographyPAUL MISKOVITZ, M.D., is Clinical Professor of Medicine at Weill Medical College of Cornell University. He is also an attending physician at New York Presbyterian Hospital and has been regularly chosen as one of America's Top Doctors in the book of the same name. MARIAN BETANCOURT is a journalist and author of more than a dozen books. She is the coauthor of several health books, including The Prostate Cancer Sourcebook (Wiley) and What to Do If You Get Colon Cancer (Wiley), which she cowrote with Dr. Miskovitz.
- Author(s)Marian Betancourt,Paul F. Miskovitz
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight376 g
- Width154 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.