All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionJames McGrath has spent his days spreading the word that life is a precious gift to be enjoyed at every opportunity. Now, he offers his autobiography to illustrate this magnificent truth. Given that a country doctor told his parents that their newborn baby had chance of surviving, it's wonder he feels lucky to be alive! In The Dodsworth Lane Man, McGrath describes his wondrous journey, beginning as an Irish descendant from a small town; moving to a farm in Campbell County, Kentucky; and ultimately ending up in Phoenix, Arizona. Despite many hardships while growing up on the isolated farm during the Great Depression, young James manages to find work-albeit surreptitiously-in the city and begin to experience a better life. His diverse experiences include nearly half a century in the supermarket business, an eight-year stint in the US Naval Reserve that sees him visiting pre-Castro Cuba, and seven years as a sworn law enforcement officer. Driving home how life is all about how we handle our circumstances, James shares entertaining stories about unexpected encounters with celebrities-and poignant examples of discovering beauty through tragedy. It's the life. The legend. The Dodsworth Lane Man !
- Author BiographyJames McGrath spent the majority of his youth on an isolated farm in the Ohio River Valley and went on to attend Thomas More College in Crestview Hills, Kentucky. Most of his working career was spent in the merchandising and marketing of meats in the supermarket industry, with a seven-year stint as a part-time law enforcement officer for Highland Heights, Kentucky, and eight years as a Naval Reservist. He is married to an exceedingly devoted wife, Joan, and he is the father of nine adult children, eight of whom are still living. One, Brian, is a special-needs son who lives in his home in Phoenix, Arizona. McGrath writes a weekly column for his parish bulletin and a monthly newsletter for the Knights of Columbus, of which he is an active member. His contributions to his church, country, and community have garnered him numerous awards, including recognition as Knight of the Year and Editor of the Decade.
- Author(s)James McGrath
- Date of Publication07/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.