All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe perfect gift for any dog lover, this is the story of man's best friend from the canine gods of Ancient Egypt to the heroic mascots of the Second World War. Over the millennia dogs have been hailed as gods, demons, saints, military heroes, even reigning kings - and all the while have been the keen hunters, loyal guards and beloved pets we kw today. They feature in Egyptian myth, classical astromy, medieval romances and early modern portraiture; they took part in the court-life of Imperial China, in early Hollywood film studios and in intrepid expeditions to the North Pole. Featuring the pampered pets of Queen Victoria and Pablo Picasso, popular medieval dog names, regimental mascots of the Napoleonic Wars and tales of canine loyalty through the ages, this beautifully illustrated volume shows how dogs have for millennia been the beloved companions of peasants and princes alike.
- Author BiographyKathleen Walker-Meikle is the author of Medieval Pets (Boydell and Brewer, 2012), Medieval Cats and Medieval Dogs (British Library, 2011 and 2013 respectively). She was awarded her PhD in History at University College London and is currently researching animals and medicine in the Middle Ages.
- Author(s)Kathleen Walker-Meikle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/07/2014
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOld House Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.