All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionA wealthy factory owner - once a rural peasant - donates repeatedly to earthquake relief efforts, but digs in his heels when government pressure requires him to give even more; a marginalized but powerful Uyghur gangster clashes with his homosexual grandson; and a dogged journalist is forced to resign as young writers in pink Izod golf shirts and kckoff Italian loafers write his stories out from under him. With spare, penetrating prose, Livings gives shape to the anymous faces in the crowd and illuminates the tensions, ironies, and possibilities of life in modem China. As heartbreaking as it is hopeful, The Dog marks the debut of a startling and wildly imaginative new voice in fiction.
- Author BiographyJack Livings is author of The Dog, which was awarded the 2015 PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize for debut fiction. His stories have appeared in A Public Space, The Paris Review, StoryQuarterly, Tin House, Guernica, The New Delta Review, and The Best American Short Stories, and have been awarded two Pushcart Prizes. He lives in New York with his family.
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication11/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.