All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this updated, second edition of the highly acclaimed international best seller, The Dollar Crisis: Causes, Consequences, Cures , Richard Duncan describes the flaws in the international monetary system that have destabilized the global ecomy and that may soon culminate in a deflation-induced worldwide ecomic slump. The Dollar Crisis is divided into five parts. Part One describes how the US trade deficits, which w exceed US$1 million a minute, have destabilized the global ecomy by creating a worldwide credit bubble. Part Two explains why these giant deficits cant persist and why a US recession and a collapse in the value of the Dollar are unavoidable. Part Three analyzes the extraordinarily harmful impact that the US recession and the collapse of the Dollar will have on the rest of the world.Part Four offers original recommendations that, if implemented, would help mitigate the damage of the coming worldwide downturn and put in place the foundations for balanced and sustainable ecomic growth in the decades ahead. Part Five, which has been newly added to the second edition, describes the extraordinary evolution of this crisis since the first edition was completed in September 2002. It also considers how the Dollar Crisis is likely to unfold over the years immediately ahead, the likely policy response to the crisis, and why that response cant succeed. The Dollar Standard is inherently flawed and increasingly unstable. Its collapse will be the most important ecomic event of the 21st Century.
- Author BiographyRichard Duncan has worked as a financial analyst for more than 16 years. During his career, he has worked in many leading companies such as Salomon Brothers, HSBC Securities, International Monetary Fund and The World Bank.
- Author(s)R. Duncan
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width163 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.