All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionHow Australia's leading weight-loss scientist, Dr Amanda Sainsbury-Salis of the Garvan Institute, put her theories to the test and lost nearly 30 kilos. The scentifically based way to lose weight and keep it off forever. Whether you've tried all the diets but find you just keep putting the weight back on - plus extra - or simply want to lose weight and keep it off forever, this is the book for you. Like many women, Dr Amanda Sainsbury-Salis began dieting in her teens despite being a rmal weight. Over the next few years she tried all kinds of diets, and six years on her weight had ballooned; she was w obese. 'I dieted myself fat,' Dr Sainsbury-Salis says. 'I'd lose a kilo or two then just gain it all back, plus more.' She also fell prey to binge eating, pigging out on pastries in between her dieting attempts. When in despair she finally gave up dieting, she decided to start a career in medical research so that she could find an effective way to lose weight. Today she is a world leader in the field of weight loss. Through her research, she discovered that the key to successful dieting is to understand how your brain regulates your weight and work with it, rather than against it, by never going hungry. Staying satisfied is the key to beating the 'famine reaction', your body's way of protecting itself when you diet from what it perceives as a life-threatening food shortage. Once in tune with your body, it's easy to lose weight and keep it off. Amanda tested out her theories on herself, losing nearly 30 kilograms and keeping it off for more than nine years (and counting), then helped her husband to lose 20 kilograms. Now, in The Don't Go Hungry Diet, Dr Sainsbury-Salis explains the science behind her discoveries simply and effectively, then tells how you, too, can lose weight more effectively and with less effort than ever before. With chapters on how to recognise and deal with a famine reaction and other scientific breakthroughs, as well as on nutrition and exercise, plus 50 delicious recipes, this is a scientifically based plan that is simple for anyone to follow - and that works.
- Author BiographyOne of the world's leading scientists in the field of weight regulation, Dr Amanda Sainsbury-Salis is a Research Fellow at the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, where her work is funded by such health organisations as the NHMRC and Diabetes Australia. Dr Sainsbury-Salis is also a senior lecturer at the University of NSW. Her many awards include the Peter Doherty Post-Doctoral Fellowship. She lives in Sydney with her husband and two young children.
- Author(s)Amanda Sainsbury-Salis
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNorth Sydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2007
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight468 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.