All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComprising the finest plates from the great illustrator's work, this collection features outstanding engravings from such literary classics as Milton's Paradise Lost, The Divine Comedy by Dante, Coleridge's The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe, Sue's The Wandering Jew, and many others. Captions.
- Author BiographyFrench illustrator Gustave Dore (1833-83) began his prolific career at the age of 15, and his dramatic engravings have exercised an incalculable influence over latter-day artists. The remarkable scope of his work ranges from Milton, Dante, and the Bible to Rabelais, Shakespeare, and street scenes of 19th-century London.
- Author(s)Gustave Dore
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/1997
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleDover Fine Art, History of Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations, unspecified
- Weight567 g
- Width304 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.