The Do's and Taboos of Public Speaking: How to Get Those Butterflies Flying in Formation by Roger E. Axtell (Paperback, 1992)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelop your powers of public persuasion with the ultimate guide to great speeches and business presentations. Do you get tongue-tied at the mere thought of speaking in public? Would you rather swim with sharks or undergo a tax audit than face an audience? Well, you're t alone. According to the Book of Lists' list of humans' greatest fears, the fear of death is our fourth greatest fear, while fear of public speaking commands a solid first place. Now from Roger E. Axtell, one of America's most accomplished public speakers, here's a book guaranteed to turn even the most stage-shy mumbler into a great communicator. Geared primarily, but t exclusively, for business people, this amusing and informative guide can show you how to possess the powers of public persuasion you've always dreamed of having. Whether it's making a pitch to the board of directors, or prepping the sales force, stating your case to the town council, or being interviewed on live TV, Do's and Taboos of Public Speaking can help you to be an intelligent, articulate, confident, and likable presence in front of any audience you'll ever face. Surefire techniques for controlling fear, preparing for and organizing a business presentation or speech, using body language and humor, getting the most out of audio and audio/visual equipment, speaking in front of the camera, and much, much more Helpful hints from successful business speakers and such greats as Winston Churchill, Lee Iacocca, Red Barber, Roger Ailes, and Charles Osgood Special chapters on humor and roasts, speaking internationally, and even how to become a professional speaker
- Author BiographyROGER E. AXTELL is a former VP of Worldwide Marketing for The Parker Pen Company who has spent thirty years traveling and living abroad. He is a professional speaker and bestselling author of a number of books, including the international hit, Do's and Taboos Around the World which has been translated into six languages. MIKE FORNWALD is an Art Director of the Arian, Lowe & Travis Advertising Agency in Chicago, Illinois, and a former political cartoonist.
- Author(s)Roger E. Axtell
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/1992
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight356 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.