All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlexey Bezgodov provides a complete chess opening repertoire for Black against 1.d4. After replying with 1 d5, the former Russian Chess Champion advises you to take up the Double Queen s Gambit and play 2 c5! against both 2. c4 and 2. Nf3. In The Double Queen s Gambit Black s attitude is as active and ambitious as that of White in the Queen s Gambit. This ambition may seem premature at first sight, but many strong grandmasters have already successfully played this system. After thoroughly investigating and analysing this opening, Bezgodov has gained a lot of experience in practical grandmaster play. The system t only turned out to be playable but also brought him success, and t just because of its surprise value. Bezgodov s conclusion is that there is clear and compelling way for White to reach an advantage. The fresh ideas and the clear explanations in The Double Queen s Gambit may change your view on modern chess opening theory. Bezgodov provides dozens of exercises to test your understanding of his system.
- Author BiographyGrandmaster Alexey Bezgodov (1969) was Russian Champion in 1993 and came shared first in the 1999 Ukrainian Championship. He is the author of 'The Extreme Caro-Kann' and The Liberated Bishop s Defence, two highly original chess opening books.
- Author(s)Alexey Bezgodov
- PublisherNew in Chess
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationPoland
- ImprintNew in Chess
- Weight499 g
- Width170 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.