All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe book contributes to the ongoing search for Hong Kong identity in the Special Administrative Region and will resonate among people in Hong Kong as well as those interested in the fate of the former colony.
- Author BiographyStanley S. K. Kwan was born in Hong Kong in 1925 into a traditional Chinese banking family. He attended King's College until the fall of Hong Kong in 1941 and joined the Chinese army as an interpreter for US forces during the war. From 1962 until he retired in 1984, he headed the Research Department in Hang Seng Bank. He launched the Hang Seng Index in 1969, served on the government's Statistics Advisory Board during 1976-84 and was awarded the MBE in 1985. He now lives in Toronto, Canada.
- Author(s)Stanley S. K. Kwan
- PublisherHong Kong University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleRoyal Asiatic Society Hong Kong Studies Series
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintHong Kong University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight454 g
- Width154 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.