Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $93.99Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dragon and the Raven is a vel about the days of King Alfred. Like all of G. A. Henty's books, this work aims at historical accuracy and reproduces the faith and concerns of the era. King Alfred is too little kwn today; his faith, and his reliance on God's law, make him of little interest to modern man. Henty gives a vivid picture of the horrors of the Danish invasions of England. For two centuries and almost three, Europe was almost shattered by the waves of invasions by the marauders from the rth. The resistance to them, the gradual conversion of them, and the new Europe that emerged constitute a dramatic story. In the Dragon and The Raven, Mr. Henty gives us a fine fictional tale of one portion of that history. The hero is Edmund, a young Saxon thane, who enlists in the service of King Alfred. You'll be surprised to find how Alfred persevered through years of struggle. A century ago, G. A. Henty was the children's author of choice throughout the British Empire. His adventures were filled with great characters, perfect role models for British youth. The stories are well paced and give an interesting insight into Victorian England. They are also well written, fast-paced adventures.
- Author BiographyG.A. Henty (1832-1902) was a prolific author and journalist in the 19th century. Drawing on his experience and knowledge as a war correspondent, Henty was a master of weaving history into his fictional stories about courageous young men living in difficult times marked by military conflict. His stories provide insight into some of the greatest conflicts of history while introducing the reader to characters that embodied the values of integrity, duty and virtue. While aimed at older children and teens, even adults will enjoy his writings.
- Author(s)G a Henty
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.