Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $89.99
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionAn image or story can mysteriously convey a sense of truth that the most convincing intellectual argument cant. In the White Lotus Sutra, bursting with symbols, imagery and myths, we meet the Buddha as a story-teller. Indeed, this sutra tells the greatest of all stories, that of human life and human potential. This great story takes the cosmos as its stage and all sentient beings as its players, yet within it lie many tales that address aspects of our lives or personalities. This delightfully illustrated commentary on one of the most influential, revered and well-loved Buddhist scriptures brings these stories vividly to life and shows how they relate to our own spiritual quest.
- Author BiographyA respected translator and author of over fifty books, Sangharakshita began studying BUddhism at the age of 16. After 20 years studying in India he returned to England and set up the Friends of the Western Buddhist Order which has over 65 centres worldwide, including the USA.
- Author(s)Bikshu Sangharakshita
- PublisherWindhorse Publications
- Date of Publication20/05/1993
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWindhorse Publications
- Out-of-print date05/03/2016
- Content Noteb&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight431 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.