All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoes your cartoon, comic, film, or story need a quirky individual? How about a leading lady? Rogue superhero? By working through the exercises found in The Drawing Club, acquire the skills and kwledge necessary to draw personality archetypes of any kind-- movie heroes, pulp fiction characters, and pop culture stars from every era. There's something for everyone! Illustrator Bob Kato, Associate Professor at The Art Center College of Design, invites you to join him as he guides you through insider tips and tricks to create your own art from real people. Easily work your way through objectives, learn how to draw from life, and masterproblem solving as you work through a series of exercises. Each exercise features a new character type and tackles different aspects of character drawing. Each exercise is illustrated with multiple sample drawings along with hard-earned insights from veteran artists. The Drawing Club is your exclusive access to learn how to draw amazing characters that enhance your art!
- Author BiographyFounder and Director of The Drawing Club, BOB KATO is an Associate Professor of Foundation Studies and Illustration at The Art Center College of Design in Pasadena California where he has taught since 1989. He has also held workshops at Walt Disney Feature Animation, Walt Disney Consumer Products, Walt Disney Toons Studios, Walt Disney Online and Universal Studios Creative. As an illustrator he has done illustrations for publications such as National Lampoon and Spy Magazine as well as illustrations for permanent exhibits in The Smithsonian Institutes National Zoo and The Florida Aquarium. His work has been included in award annuals such as Communication Arts and The Society of Illustrators. Bob has published 3 instructional DVDs about drawing and painting through The Gnomon Workshop and Design Studio Press.
- Author(s)Bob Kato
- PublisherQuarry Books
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuarry Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),With flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.31Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.