All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.18
- AU $81.39Trending at AU $84.91
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.79
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
About this product
- Description<b>Pura Belpre Award Winner A tender, transcendent, and meticulously crafted vel from Newbery Horee, Pam Muz Ryan, and three-time Caldecott Horee, Peter Sis!</b> From the time he is a young boy, Neftali hears the call of a mysterious voice. Even when the neighborhood children taunt him, and when his harsh, authoritarian father ridicules him, and when he doubts himself, Neftali kws he cant igre the call. He listens and follows as it leads him under the capy of the lush rain forest, into the fearsome sea, and through the persistent Chilean rain on an inspiring voyage of self-discovery that will transform his life and, ultimately, the world. Combining elements of magical realism with biography, poetry, literary fiction, and transporting illustrations, Pam Muz Ryan and Peter Sis take readers on a rare journey of the heart and imagination as they explore the inspiring early life of the poet who became Pablo Neruda.
- Author BiographyPam Munoz Ryan is the recipient of the Newbery Honor Medal and the Kirkus Prize for her New York Times bestselling novel, <i>Echo</i>, as well as the NEA s Human and Civil Rights Award and the Virginia Hamilton Literary Award for multicultural literature for her body of work. She has written more than thirty books for young readers. Her celebrated novels, <i>Echo</i>, <i>Esperanza Rising</i>, <i>The Dreamer</i>, <i>Riding Freedom</i>, <i>Becoming Naomi Leon</i>, and <i>Paint the Wind</i>, have received countless accolades, among them two Pura Belpre Awards, a NAPPA Gold Award, a Jane Addams Children s Book Award, and two Americas Awards. Her acclaimed picture books include <i>Amelia and Eleanor Go for a Ride</i> and <i>When Marian Sang</i>, both illustrated by Brian Selznick, and <i>Tony Baloney</i>, illustrated by Edwin Fotheringham, as well as a beginning reader series featuring Tony Baloney. Ryan lives near San Diego, CA with her family. Peter Sis is a Hans Christian Anderson Award winner, a three-time Caldecott Honoree, a Sibert Award winner, and a MacArthur Fellow. He is the illustrator of Pam Munoz Ryan's <i>The Dreamer</i>, a Pura Belpre Award winner, a Boston Globe-Horn Book Honor Book, and an ALA Notable. Sis's many celebrated picture books, including <i>Starry Messenger: Galileo Galilei</i>, <i>Tibet Through the Red Box</i>, and <i>The Wall: Growing Up Behind the Iron Curtain</i>, are treasured by readers all over the world. His most recent picture book, <i>Ice Cream Summer</i>, was hailed by <i>Kirkus Reviews</i> in a starred review as an encomium to summer, to the power of learning, and to that beloved, creamy-cold treat. When Peter isn t traveling the globe eating ice cream, he creates picture books and fine art that can be seen in galleries, museums, and public spaces from New York to Los Angeles, London to Prague, and lots of cities in between. Visit Peter online and learn more about his award-winning books at www.petersis.com.
- Author(s)Pam Mu Ryan,Pam Munoz Ryan
- PublisherScholastic US
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic US
- Out-of-print date09/01/2016
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width157 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Sis
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.