All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlagued by insane nightmare visions, Walter Gilman seeks help in Miskatonic University's infamous library of forbidden books, where, in the pages of Abdul Alhazred's dreaded Necromicon, he finds terrible hints that seem to connect his own studies in advanced mathematics with the fantastic legends of elder magic. 'The Dreams in the Witch House,' gathered together here with more than twenty other tales of terror, exemplifies H. P. Lovecraft's primacy among twentieth-century American horror writers.
- Author BiographyH. P. Lovecraftwas born in 1890 in Providence, Rhode Island, where he lived most of his life. Frequent illnesses in his youth disrupted his schooling, but Lovecraft gained a wide knowledge of many subjects through independent reading and study. He wrote many essays and poems early in his career, but gradually focused on the writing of horror stories, after the advent in 1923 of the pulp magazineWeird Tales, to which he contributed most of his fiction. His relatively small corpus of fiction three short novels and about sixty short stories has nevertheless exercised a wide influence on subsequent work in the field, and he is regarded as the leading twentieth-century American author of supernatural fiction. H. P. Lovecraft died in Providence in 1937. S. T. Joshiis a freelance writer and editor. He has edited Penguin Classics editions of H. P. Lovecraft sThe Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories(1999), andThe Thing on the Doorstep and Other Weird Stories(2001), as well as Algernon Blackwood sAncient Sorceries and Other Strange Stories(2002). Among his critical and biographical studies areThe Weird Tale(1990), Lord Dunsany: Master of the Anglo-Irish Imagination(1995), H. P. Lovecraft: A Life(1996), andThe Modern Weird Tale(2001). He has also edited works by Ambrose Bierce, Arthur Machen, and H. L. Mencken, and is compiling a three-volumeEncyclopedia of Supernatural Literature. He lives with his wife in Seattle, Washington.
- Author(s)H. P. Lovecraft
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Weight340 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byS. T. Joshi
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $19.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.