All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Ms Hepburn's elegant black shift to Lady Gaga's meat gown, The Dress relives the marvellous and unforgettable dresses of fashion: think Liz Hurley's safety-pin ensemble, Princess Di's never- ending wedding dress, or that unforgettable white halter sported by Marilyn in The Seven Year Itch. Megan Hess' fabulous illustrations celebrate a collection of frocks that take readers on a decadent romp through fashion history, from the haute to the hot. Hess has spent her career exploring and illustrating fashion, and though it is an ever-evolving, ever-inspiring beast, there are particular instances that shine on through the years. This is a compendium of gowns that have captured a moment in history, the spirit of a generation and the indefinable energy of a fashion icon, and an exploration of why they continue to resonate with audiences, decades on. Accompanied by historical anecdotes and revealing facts, The Dress is an elegant and immersive introduction to the moments that shaped fashion, and, in turn, our lives.
- Author BiographyAustralian illustrator Megan Hess' signature signature style of fashion illusration has made her a favourite with international fashion labels. Hess was born and studied in Queensland before moving to London to pursue a career in illustration. While Hess has lived and worked all over the world, she now resides in Melbourne, with her family.
- Author(s)Megan Hess
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content NoteIllustrations throughout
- Weight650 g
- Width153 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.