All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Drone Memos collects for the first time the legal and policy documents underlying the U.S. government's deeply controversial practice of 'targeted killing' - the extrajudicial killing of suspected terrorists and militants, typically using remotely piloted aircraft or 'drones'. The documents together constitute a remarkable effort to legitimize a practice that most human rights experts consider to be unlawful and that the United States has historically condemned.
- Author Biography<b>Jameel Jaffer</b> is a deputy legal director of the ACLU. He led the ACLU legal team that sued for the release of the drone memos. He has written about the drone program for the <i>New York Times</i>, <i>The Guardian</i>, and the <i>Harvard Law Review Forum</i> among others and was listed by <i>Foreign Policy</i> magazine as a Top 100 Global Thinker. He has appeared on the <i>Rachel Maddow Show</i>, <i>All In with Chris Hayes</i>, and <i>Democracy Now!</i> and speaks regularly at venues including the American Bar Association s annual convening, law schools, and ACLU affiliates across the country. He is the co-author of <i>Administration of Torture</i> and lives in Brooklyn.
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2016
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Weight522 g
- Width148 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJameel Jaffer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.