The Drucker Difference: What the World's Greatest Management Thinker Means to Today's Business Leaders by Hideki Yamawaki, Craig L. Pearce, Joseph A. Maciarrello (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.09+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionWhy Drucker's Ideas Matter More Now than Ever This book is an excellent way to understand how Drucker's ideas apply to today's dilemmas, be they theproblems faced by organizations, by governments, or by individuals. -from the Foreword, by Charles Handy This compilation of smart essays on the 'Drucker difference' illustrates how astonishingly wide the wings ofDrucker's wisdom have spread. We all stand gratefully in his shadows, silent in awe. -Warren Bennis, Professor Emeritus, University of Southern California Peter Drucker is more than a 'management writer.' He literally created the foundation on which a FunctioningSociety rests. In The Drucker Difference, Peter's closest colleagues extend and amplify his tour de force body ofideas and ideals. It is the next step forward. -Bob Buford, Chairman, The Drucker Institute, and Founder, Leadership Network Much has been written by and about my friend and mentor, Peter Drucker. But this book is different. It is writtenby those who knew and understood him as friends and faculty colleagues and reflects his thoughts andprinciples as they are currently being taught to those who will be making a difference for tomorrow. -C. William Pollard, Chairman Emeritus, The ServiceMaster Company Hats off to the Drucker faculty members for putting the tacit kwledge they gained from working together withPeter Drucker into explicit kwledge through the publication of this book. -Ikujiro Nonaka, Professor Emeritus, Hitotsubashi University, Japan, andXerox Distinguished Faculty Scholar, University of California at Berkeley The Drucker Difference is a unique book that enables present and future executives to capitalize onPeter Drucker's wisdom and to comprehend that kwledge from an entirely new perspective. -Minglo Shao, Chairman, Bright China About the Book: Peter F. Drucker was one of the mostinfluential business thinkers in history. Consideredthe father of modern management, hewas concerned t only with the human sideof management, but also with the larger societalroles played by both companies and theindividuals within them. If there has ever been a timewhen such thinkers are relevant, it is w. The Drucker Difference casts new light onDrucker's business philosophy, analyzing hismost important ideas in the context of today'sbusiness world. Through individual contributionsby professors from The Peter F. Druckerand Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management,it combines expert insight andcurrent scholarship to reveal how organizationsand executives can interpret and applyDrucker's timeless ideas. Today's top business thinkers provide sixteenchapters analyzing Drucker's views on themost critical issues of our time, including: Government, business, and civil society(Ira Jackson) The interplay of values and power withincompanies (Karen E. Linkletter andJoseph A. Maciariello) Applying collaboration to kwledge work (Craig L. Pearce) Drucker's management vision (Richard Smith) Ecomic environment, invation, and industrydynamics (Hideki Yamawaki) Each contributor explains a single, classicaspect of Drucker's work, examines its implicationsin today's business environment, andapplies an up-to-date and contemporary interpretatiof Drucker's wisdom. Covering everything from marketing andleadership to strategy and governance, TheDrucker Difference is both a timely newassessment and a valuable addition to the caf Drucker literature.
- Author BiographyCraig L. Pearce is Professor of Management at The Drucker School of Management. His research on shared leadership has been featured in The Wall Street Journal. Pearce's most recent book is Shared Leadership, and his forthcoming book is Share the Lead. Joseph A. Maciariello is the Horton Professor of Management at The Drucker School of Management. He coauthored The Daily Drucker and The Effective Executive in Action with Peter F. Drucker and recently carried on Drucker's legacy by revising two existing Drucker books: Management and Management Cases. Hideki Yamawaki is Professor of Management and Associate Dean at The Drucker School of Management. His most recent book is Japanese Exports and Foreign Direct Investment: Imperfect Competition in International Markets. The Peter F. Drucker and Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management is located in Claremont, California. To learn more about its mission and Peter F. Drucker's work, please visit www.drucker.cgu.edu or www.thedruckerinstitute.com.
- Author(s)Craig L. Pearce,Hideki Yamawaki,Joseph A. Maciarrello
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight613 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.