All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.42
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe Drum Tower is Farosh Moshiri's fourth work of fiction concerned with the deleterious effects of the Iranian Revolution of 1979. This vel, told by a mentally ill, 16-year-old girl, depicts the fall of Drum Tower, the house of a family descended from generations of War Ministers. Rich in characters-Talkhoon, who struggles to control the winds she hears inside her head and who tells the story; Assad, a man made evil by his love for her; Anvar Angha, Talkhoon's grandfather who has devoted his life to writing a book about the Simorgh (the mythical bird of kwledge; the Persian Phoenix) but never completes it; Soraya, Talkhoon's mother, whom we never meet but about whom myriad and contradictory stories abound-and rich in family secrets, this vel chronicles the early days of the revolution, the ruthlessness and opportunism of the competing factions, the rise of the Revolutionary Guard, the chaos and murder in the streets of Tehran, the arrests and executions, as experienced by the members of this family. The Drum Tower may be compared, favorably, to Gone with the Wind. It has already won two Barbara Deming Memorial Fund Fiction Awards and a Black Heron Press Award for Social Fiction. It has been licensed to the United Kingdom's Sandstone Press which will publish the British Commonwealth edition simultaneous with the Black Heron Press edition.
- Author BiographyFarnoosh Moshiri was born into a literary family in Teheran, Iran. Under threat of death from the new regime, she escaped from Iran in 1983. She has lived in the United States since 1987. She graduated from the University of Houston's creative writing program where she won the Barthelme Memorial Fellowship. Crazy Dervish...is her third book.
- Author(s)Farnoosh Moshiri
- PublisherBlack Heron Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeatle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Heron Press
- Out-of-print date22/12/2014
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.