All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.55
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.38
- AU $45.84Trending at AU $48.23
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.94
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $32.95
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the great diaspora out of Africa to the Caribbean and the Americas, percussionist Sule Greg Wilson draws from rhythms of the world on this eclectic recording. He brings the power of traditional drumming alive and plays classic rhythms from the diverse cultures of Puerto Rico, Brazil, Africa, and India. Opening of the Way, a piece that incorporates Yoruba chants and Ayurvedic mantras, is followed by a broad selection of compositions, including a Brazilian Samba, a Cuban Rumba, a Mande Lamba, original drum solos, and a traditional African-American dance featuring hand and body percussion. Revived as a grass-roots movement by people getting in touch with ancestral rhythms, traditional drumming is w riding a crest of popularity following the remarkable success of Mickey Hart's book and disk.
- Author BiographyDrummer, dancer, folklorist, and researcher, Sule Greg Wilson studied drumming under Baba Ngoma as well as the premier students of Baba Ishangi, Ladji Camara, and Chief Bey and performed with many of the finest artists and groups in the field, including Babatunde Olatunji, the International Afrikan-American Ballet, Africa in Motion Dance Theater, and the Bennu Ausar Aurkestra. He is the author of<i> The Drummer's Path</i>. On this recording, he is joined by James Cherry in vocals and percussion.
- Author(s)Sule Greg Wilson
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication03/02/2000
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Weight113 g
- Width142 mm
- Height126 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statementabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.