All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionA refreshingly honest memoir about politics and private life Few Canadians have served their nation as well and as widely as the Hourable Darcy McKeough. He was elected Member of Provincial Parliament for ChathamKent, Ontario, five times between 1963 and 1977. In 1967 he was mockingly dubbed the Duke of Kent by an opposition MPP, a title he has worn as a badge of hour ever since. As Treasurer of Ontario, Minister of Municipal Affairs, and Minister of Energy during his time in office, McKeough fought to achieve budget surpluses long before it was fashionable, created regional governments that brought more efficient services to citizens, and attempted to tame Ontario Hydro. In The Duke of Kent, McKeough takes readers behind the scenes and into the Cabinet rooms of government, putting on full display the thrust and parry of legislative sittings where he almost always gave better than he got. He brings to life the political and constitutional issues of the day as led, litigated, and legislated by an array of provincial and federal politicians, including Charles MacNaughton, John Robarts, William Davis, John Diefenbaker, Robert Stanfield, Lester B. Pearson, Pierre Trudeau, Joe Clark, Brian Mulroney, Jean Chretien, Jacques Parizeau, and Peter Lougheed.
- Author BiographyDarcy McKeough was a Progressive Conservative member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario for over a decade. He lives in Chatham, Ontario. Rod McQueen has written more than a dozen books, including Who Killed Confederation Life?, winner of the National Business Book Award, and The Eatons, winner of the Canadian Authors Association prize for history. He lives in Toronto, Ontario. The Right Honourable Brian Mulroney, P.C., C.C., LL.D., served as the 18th prime minister of Canada. He lives in Westmount, Quebec.
- Author(s)Darcy McKeough
- PublisherECW Press,Canada
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press,Canada
- Weight544 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byFormer Prime Minister of Canada Brian Mulroney
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.