All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor countless millennia, the dwarves of the FifthlingKingdom have defended the stone gateway into Girdlegard. Many and varied foes have hurled themselves against the portal and died attempting to breach it. No man or beast has ever succeeded. Until w. . . Abandoned as a child, Tungdil the blacksmith labors contentedly in the land of Ionandar, the only dwarf in a kingdom of men. Although he does t want for friends, Tungdil is very much aware that he is alone - indeed, he has t so much as set eyes on ather dwarf. But all that is about to change. Sent out into the world to deliver a message and reacquaint himself with his people, the young foundling finds himself thrust into a battle for which he has t been trained. Not only his own safety, but the life of every man, woman and child in Girdlegard depends upon his ability to embrace his heritage. Although he has many unanswered questions, Tungdil is certain of one thing: matter where he was raised, he is a true dwarf. And one has ever questioned the courage of the Dwarves.
- Author BiographyMarkus Heitz was born in 1971 in Germany. He studied history, German language and literature, and won the German Fantasy Award in 2003 for his debut novel Shadows Over Ulldart. His Dwarves series is a bestseller in Europe. Markus Heitz lives in Zweibrucken.
- Author(s)Markus Heitz
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication03/07/2009
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Content Notemaps
- Weight620 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Translated bySally-Ann Spencer
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $36.92Trending at AU $44.25
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $21.15
- AU $23.98Trending at AU $27.20
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.26
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.