Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dordogne town of St Denis may be picturesque and sleepy, but it has more than its fair share of mysteries, as Bru, chef de police, kws all too well. But when Bru is invited to the 90th birthday of a powerful local patriarch - a war hero with high-level political connections in France, Russia and Israel - he encounters a family with more secrets than even he had imagined. When one of the other guests is found dead the next morning and the family try to cover it up, Bru kws it's his duty to prevent the victim from becoming just ather skeleton in their closet. Even if his digging reveals things Bru himself would rather keep buried. Meanwhile, very modern battles are being fought in St Denis between hunters defending their traditions and environmentalists protecting local wildlife. Neither side, it seems, is above the use of violent tactics. At the centre of it all, Bru must use all his cunning and character to protect his community's future from its present - and its past.
- Author BiographyMartin Walker is a prize-winning journalist and the author of several acclaimed works of non-fiction, including The Cold War: A History. He lives in the Dordogne and Washington, DC.
- Author(s)Martin Walker
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Out-of-print date07/05/2016
- Weight436 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.