All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionAs the life span of business models reduces, firms have had to review their strategic intent, develop strategic initiatives in fast and imaginative ways, and engage in major reorganization. This book examines the dynamics of strategy and helps to make sense of the processes of strategizing and organizing in a dynamic environment. The Dynamics of Strategy draws on theoretical perspectives that enable readers to describe and understand the dynamics of the firm's competitive landscape, the dynamics of the organizational landscape, and the interdependencies between these landscapes. The book combines research rooted in ecomics and organizational theory, and also builds on interdisciplinary studies using a wide range of research paradigms and methods. This broad range of theoretical perspectives allows a comprehensive analysis of the complex and multidimensional problems facing the contemporary fi rm. In order to help the reader connect sound theory with the reality of strategy, theoretical discussion is illustrated with case studies of fi rms from a wide range of industries. Written for managers and management students, The Dynamics of Strategy provides a roadmap to understanding the dynamics of organizing and strategizing.
- Author BiographyDuncan Robertson is an Assistant Professor of Strategic Management at Warwick Business School, UK. He obtained his doctorate in strategic management at the Said Business School, University of Oxford, and his undergraduate degree in physics at Imperial College, University of London. He is a chartered accountant, having worked for KPMG in London, Australia, and New Zealand, and has corporate finance and strategy experience within Barclays plc and KPMG Corporate Finance, and has consulted for Unilever. He has held several college lecturerships within the University of Oxford and was appointed as a visiting scholar in the Management Department of the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA, and a visiting professor at Sun Yat-Sen University, People's Republic of China. He has been short listed for the Best Paper Prizes at the 2005, 2006, and 2008 Strategic Management Society conferences. Further details may be found at http://www.duncanrobertson.com/. Adrian A. Caldart is Head of the Business Policy Group at AESE Escola de Direccao e Negocios (Lisbon, Portugal). He has previously been an Associate Professor of Strategic Management at Warwick Business School, where he is currently an Associate Fellow, and has held management positions in the energy industry in corporate planning and corporate finance. His research focuses on corporate-level strategy in multinational enterprises. He received his PhD in Management from IESE Business School (Barcelona), and has been visiting professor and researcher in several business schools, including IESE (Spain), IAE and UCA (Argentina), and LBS (Nigeria).
- Author(s)Adrian A. Caldart,Duncan A. Robertson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteNumerous figures and tables
- Weight397 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.