All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine has become the definitive reference work for every cardiology trainee, general cardiologist and specialist cardiologist as they develop their core kwledge of the subject. Based on the Core Curriculum of the European Society of Cardiology,the integrated textbook and online package reflects ESC guidelines, Task Force reports and Scientific statements, to provide the most indicative and relevant evidence-base available. Now totally revised and updated, with significant new sections on heart disease in specific contexts, and available as a combined book and online access package, The ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, Second edition is the must-have must-read resource for everyone currently working in the field. 38 chapters guide the reader from the clinical presentation of the patient and initial investigations, through to comprehensive descriptions of disease processes and pathophysiological states, and finally to the complex interrelationship between the heart and the mind. Each chapter begins with a summary of the chapter featuring key learning points, and is completed with personal reflections from the authors about the standing of their subject and its likely development during the next five years. The ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine represents the core kwledge expected of all cardiologists from those in training to those seeking professional reaccreditation. With contributions from over 120 internationally-recognised specialists, all the material has been fully peer reviewed and approved by the ESC Education Committee, to ensure the highest level of accuracy and relevance. Readers can test their kwledge by answering multiple-choice questions online, which can be completed to gain European Board of Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC)-accredited CME points. Using a clear layout and attractive design, the aim is to make the content easy to assimilate. Full-colour diagrams and simple tables are interspersed throughout to facilitate this. Chapters relating to cardiac imaging, for example echocardiography, computed tomography, cardiac magnetic resonance and nuclear cardiology, feature extensive full-colour imagery. A video library complements the online material. The entire book has been thoroughly revised and updated, with new chapters on sports and heart disease, occupational and regulatory aspects of heart disease, n-cardiac surgery in cardiac patients, the psychological impact of heart disease, and the heart and other systems. The integrated online access opens a gateway to further resources. Detailed further reading sections point to landmark studies and research for more in-depth kwledge. Search the full contents online and link to other resources, or download all the images.
- Author BiographyProfessor John Camm qualified in 1971. He worked at Guy's Hospital before working at St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London. In 1986 he moved to St. George's Hospital Medical School in London as Professor of Clinical Cardiology (British Heart Foundation). Professor Camm was elected the Chairman of Medicine in October 1990, a post rotated from in 1995. He is now the Chairman of the Division of Cardiac and Vascular Sciences at St. George's University of London. His major speciality is cardiac arrhythmias but he is also much involved in clinical cardiac electrophysiology, cardiac pacemakers, risk stratification in post myocardial infarction, heart failure and cardiomyopathy patients. He has a major interest in cardiovascular safety of cardiac and non-cardiac drugs. John has given over 1500 lectures to national and international audiences, written more than 1000 peer review papers and over 250 detailed reviews. He has authored and edited numerous books. Professor Thomas Luscher, Chairman of the Department of Medicine and Cardiology at Zurich is the new Editor-in-Chief of the European Society of Cardiology flagship peer review journal, European Heart Journal. He has held many successful positions with the ESC including chairing the ESC Working Group on Coronary Circulation, the Congress Programme Committee 2002-3 and has equally been the Vice-President of the ESC Working Groups for two years. He turned to cardiology at 24 after witnessing a case of Sudden Cardiac Death in his father's office, is not only an interventional cardiologist but also a keen researcher studying the genetics of atherosclerosis in animal models and the role of endothelial as well as inflammatory cells in vascular dysfunction and coronary occlusion. He is involved in multicentre studies looking into the mechanisms of new drugs on vascular dysfunction in Zurich or stents that attract stem cells as proof-of-concept trials with limited patients. Patrick W. Serruys is Professor of Interventional Cardiology at the Interuniversity Cardiological Institute of the Netherlands (1988-1998), and the Erasmus University. Since 1980 he has been Director of the Clinical Research Program of the Catheterization Laboratory, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands and since 1997 the Head of the Interventional Department, Heartcenter Rotterdam. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and a Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology and scientific council of the International College of Angiology. He is the author or coauthor of over 1400 papers and editor or coeditor of 32 books, and a member of 14 Editorial Boards of Scientific Journals.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/08/2009
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe European Society of Cardiology Textbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note600 black and white line drawings, 350 black and white halftones, and 250 colour photographs
- Weight3302 g
- Width230 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine57 mm
- Edited byA. John Camm,Patrick W. Serruys,Thomas F. Luscher
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.