All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransatlantic ecomic relations remain extremely important for the European Union as well as for other countries in the world. When it comes to trade and foreign direct investment, the EU and the United States remain arguably the world's most powerful actors, despite the financial crisis which started in the United States in 2007 and subsequently spread to Europe and to the Eurozone in particular. This crisis has created great ecomic strain on both Europe and North America, with politicians trying to muddle through and disagreeing on which strategy to adopt. The dominance of the Atlantic countries in the global political ecomy is w challenged by new emerging powers, including the so-called BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa). These countries have succeeded in keeping much higher growth rates than Europe and North America, although they too are w affected by the global ecomic crisis. This book is focused on these issues as well as other issues in transatlantic relations, including competition and environment policy. Given the complex interdependence of transatlantic countries they need to work together to solve the issues that divide them.
- Author BiographyFinn Laursen received his PhD from the University of Pennsylvania in 1980. He now holds a Canada Research Chair (Tier 1) of EU Studies at Dalhousie University, Halifax. In 2007 he has also received an ad personam Jean Monnet Chair and he is director of the EU Centre of Excellence at Dalhousie. Previously he has been professor at the European Institute of Public Administration, Maastricht (1988-1995), and Professor of International Politics at the University of Southern Denmark, Odense (1999-2006).
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication31/12/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleCite Europeenne/European Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number51
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2013
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Weight450 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDr. Finn Laursen
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.