All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe EU's internal borders have become mostly invisible. Today, external borders are at the centre of controversy about an alleged 'fortress Europe'. Using different theoretical and methodological perspectives this book examines the challenges facing the EU's external borders, including Neighborhood Policy, migration issues and the diffusion of rms and values to other countries. Divided into two parts, the book first presents different theoretical approaches and empirical studies of the EU's external borders, mobility and security issues. It is an invaluable guide to border research within a framework of European Integration and Globalization Studies. The second part of this volume focuses on the analyses of the EU's Neighbourhood Policy, the approach to Eastern Europe and EU energy policy. Expert contributors collaborate to explore debates about migration, the EU as a rmative, 'civil' power, energy security and the securitization of borders. Highly relevant and insightful, the text provides a timely assessment of EU borders in an increasingly globalized and integrated European neighbourhood. The EU's Shifting Borders will be of interest to students and scholars of European Union Politics and International Relations.
- Author BiographyKlaus Bachmann is a professor of political science at the University of Wroclaw and the Warsaw School for Social Psychology. Elzbieta Stadtmuller is a professor and Head of European Studies in the Institute of International Studies at the University of Wroclaw.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2011
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleRoutledge/Garnet Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight564 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byElzbieta Stadtmuller,Klaus Bachmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.