All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionIdentifying Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) as early as possible can have a significant, positive impact on the child's journey to adaptation and independence. Yet too few diagses take place at an early, developmentally crucial stage. This unique visual guide aims to equip readers with the skills to recognise ASD in children as young as 15-18 months old. The book provides a systematic framework for understanding the complex nature of ASD. From social interaction to communication to restricted and repetitive behaviors, each chapter focuses on key symptoms and uses photographs to illustrate and enhance understanding of presenting or absent behaviors. It is written in an accessible style and covers all of the core aspects of ASD, giving readers everything they need to be able to successfully identify the behavioral indicators of autism. A final chapter provides an overview of assessment options for young children being evaluated for possible ASD. Taking a visual approach to identifying ASD in very young children, this book will be a valuable resource for early intervention professionals and students, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, psychologists, paediatricians, teachers as well as parents of children pre- and post-diagsis.
- Author BiographyPatricia O'Brien Towle, Ph.D., has 30 years' experience with early childhood developmental disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders. She is a clinical child psychologist at the Westchester Institute for Human Development and assistant professor of psychiatry, pediatrics and public health at the New York Medical College. In addition to her extensive clinical experience, Dr. Towle carries out research on the prevalence and developmental course of ASD, supervises psychology interns and post-doctoral fellows, and gives presentations to professionals and parents nationally. She lives in Westchester County, New York.
- Author(s)Patricia O'Brien Towle
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note320 color photographs
- Weight462 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.